Saturday, December 6, 2014

Giving Thanks

It's a little late for an actual Thanksgiving post, but since I asked everyone what they were thankful for this year, I thought I'd go ahead and post what I'm thankful for too. I guess what I'm most thankful for is that my list is so long. For the sake of this post, I'll try to trim a little.

Always, I'm grateful for my kids. They're hilarious, kind, and generous. They amaze me every day.Their friends are pretty great and I'm thankful for them too.

I'm thankful for my family and my friends who warm my heart and keep me going when things seem rough.

I'm grateful for the wonderful people I've met this year--other writers who inspire me and are incredibly kind, readers who make my day when they drop me a message or leave a comment somewhere, everyone I've ever had an exchange with at DSP, and the folks I've made friends with along the way this year. I've been truly blessed.

And, yes, I'm grateful for BOOKS. I have so many, but I keep buying more. It really does feel like an addiction, but it's a healthy one, so I'm okay with that.

This one may seem silly, but when I was driving home last night, I realized how thankful I am for all the people in the neighborhoods putting up holiday lights. It really cheers me to drive by and see them twinkling so merrily. It feels like a little gift from a total stranger and it's one of my favorite parts of the holiday season.

So, okay, I kept it short for the blog, but I hope everyone out there has things to be thankful for--big and small.

One last note! Thank you to everyone who left a comment on the giveaway post! It was a joy reading your responses. Congrats to Vicki, Kezia, and Sula who won an audio download of A Simple Romance. When my lovely assistant (see: my lovely sister) was pulling the names from an actual hat, two stuck together, so I decided the universe was telling me I needed to give three away. Winners have been notified via email. :)

Happy Holidays, everyone! Or, ya know, Happy Festivus if you prefer!



No comments:

Post a Comment